10 Next Level Sleeping Tips
At Simmons Mattress Gallery, we firmly believe that a new luxury mattress set can make the difference between a regular night’s sleep and an undisturbed, comfort guaranteed, nightly escape. Yes, our Simmons Beautyrest mattresses, with their pocket coil innovation, offer a sleep that is unparalleled in the mattress industry.
We are proud of what are mattresses can accomplish, but we also recognize there are many ways in which the individual can improve their own sleep. Here is a short list of ten ways you can take your sleeping hours to the next level of relaxation:
10. Caffeine Curfew
- We all love coffee, but it can be one of the most destructive elements on your potential for rest. Have your last cup no later that 4 p.m.
9. Green is Now Your Favourite Colour
- Fruits and vegetables are the most important natural nutritional element you can put in your body. Bananas, kale and spinach all help you body produce the sleep hormone melatonin.
8. Drop the Cow
- Dairy can cause abdominal discomfort that can have you tossing and turning at night. If you are sensitive, reduce your intake, especially before bed.
- Remove everything in your room, besides your alarm clock, that produces light. Then work on your windows. Keep your sleep sanctuary as dark as possible.
6. Watering Detail
- Just like your plants, water is key. Your body works the best when it is hydrated. This includes your sleep.
5. Sunshine of Your Life
- Back to the plant comparison – You plants need light and so do you. Vitamin D is essential for the production of energy. Make time to be outside each and every day. Your body will reward you.
4. Physical Intensity
- Vancouver is a health conscious city. We all love to ride, workout and run. But our body doesn’t need an intensive workout at 10:30 at night, especially if you plan on being in bed by midnight. Try lower impact workouts like yoga during the hours leading up to bedtime.
3. Routines, Routines, Routines
- Our bodies are built around responding to routines. The more you can control your nightly routine, the more you can ensure a full-nights sleep.
2. Anxiety Builds Anxiety
- If you find it hard to fall back asleep, don’t let your mind win out over your body. Instead of staring at the ceiling, get out of bed and take up a boring household activity. Your body will remind you of how tired you are in no time.
1. High Priority
- Sleep needs to be a daily priority. It will help with your mood, health, diet and energy levels. Ignore your need and your body will crash.