Top Ten Reasons to Take a Nap this Afternoon
Feeling a little drowsy around 2:30? Here are our top ten reasons to take a power nap:
- As the workday progresses, your productivity dips. The energy and enthusiasm you had at 9:30 has tailed off by mid-afternoon. Taking a quick nap helps you bring you back up to speed.
- You are far more creative when your brain has rested. An overtaxed mind is far less likely to produce a groundbreaking idea.
- You are also more likely to retain information after a refreshing nap. Play a quick memory game to test this theory. We guarantee you will be more successful after a quick 45-minute snooze.
- Everyone wants to retain that fresh glow throughout the day, but after three meeting and four written reports your facial features start to mirror your mental state. Your body is much more likely to regenerate skin sells when you are rested.
- Yup, it’s true. Grab a nap in the afternoon and your sex drive will receive a boost. Maybe wait till you get home from the office to act on these desires…
5. Motor Tasks
- Simple tasks like typing and more complex motor tasks like operating heavy machinery are improved after a catnap. Make sure to get your foreman’s approval.
- A quick mattress moment will improve your ability to make accurate judgments, especially when comparing data. Your brain will be more likely to recognize inconsistencies in the dozens of spreadsheets that clutter your desk.
- The possibility of developing a metabolic disease is reduced when your body is rested. Sleep helps your body process carbs, which reduces your risk of type 2 diabetes.
- A quick nap will also reduce your body’s reliance on caffeine for artificial stimulation. One less coffee in the late afternoon means a better sleep at night; this is a definite win-win.
- If you’re working at home or in a crowded office, improving your mood in the afternoon always helps, especially if you’ve booked some late meetings. Put that smile back on your face with a half-hour siesta.