Conquering the Snooze Button
“Why do they make the snooze button so big and the ‘turn-off’ alarm switch so small?”
If we had our way, there would be no snooze alarms on any alarm devices. If you set your alarm for 7:00 am, then that is when you should rise. Those brief seven minutes of semi-slumber are doing nothing for you.
We admit, it is another eight minutes you get to spend with your Beautyrest mattress, but really it’s eight valuable minutes you’re losing from your day. Get up! Seize the day and get things rolling.
Here Are 5 Tips for Conquering Your Snooze Addiction
5. Put your alarm clock on the opposite side of your room. Force yourself to get off your mattress and turn it off. The further you place it the better.
4. Set a light timer for the same time as your alarm. Your alarm goes off, the lights go on and the day begins.
3. Multiple alarms makes it harder for your waking brain to find the various snooze functions. The longer you struggle, the closer you are to being fully awake.
2. Putting your coffee maker on a timer is useful for those of us with a strong sense of smell. The promise of caffeine can work wonders. We do not advise the Michael Scott, bacon timer. No one needs a grilled foot.
1. As a last resort, break out the superglue. Fix that snooze button once and for all.