You’ve just signed a two-year lease on an apartment in Yaletown. You finally get to move out of that dark basement just off Commercial. You’re young, single, and moving up in the world. But what now?
Before you go moving all your old stuff to your new pad, Simmons Mattress Gallery would like to offer a few hints on how to pimp your new bedroom:
1. Buy a new bed. One that says I am a lover not a wuss. Your single mattress from when you were sixteen is not going to fly. (Tip: the lower the frame, the more fun you can have without worrying about a falling Fail.)
2. Bed placement is key. Put the bed in the middle of the room. That’s where it belongs. Now lets get down to business.
3. Lose all memorabilia associated with your ex. That means get rid of the cute picture frame, the stuffed orca and that concert t-shirt you still go to bed in.
4. Go to a furniture store, we won’t mention the ‘I’ word, and buy some ambient lighting. Japanese style floor lamps are good for setting the mood.
5. Sell off your cumbersome stereo and buy a simple iPod dock with some decent speakers. Then download some Drake.
That’s a start. We’ll let you handle the rest. Just remember, start with the mattress.