A Lesson in Mattress Shopping
This week Simmons Mattress Gallery would like to pass on six tips for the potential mattress buyer. We know mattress shopping isn’t something you do every weekend and it’s not as easy as buying groceries, so here are a few pointers:
1. The question is often asked of us: “How do I know when I should buy a new mattress.” Well if your mattress is five years or older, it’s probably time to consider evaluating your sleep. You should ask yourself the following questions; do you wake up with stiffness; do you sleep better when you’re not at home; is your mattress sagging or does it contain knotted lumps that are distracting when you sleep. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions, it is definitely time to visit Simmons Mattress Gallery.
2. Before you come, view the mattresses online at simmonscanada.com. Get a rough idea of what mattresses you would be interested in.
3. If you sleep with a partner, shop together! We cannot stress this enough. You will be spending a third of your day on your new purchase. Make sure you are both happy with your choice.
4. When you arrive at Simmons Mattress Gallery, consult one of the staff and discuss your sleep preferences. These individuals are more than salespeople, they are trained sleep professionals. They know their mattresses inside and out – literally.
5. Test sleep the mattress you are considering. This does not mean lying down for 30 sec. Take your time. Spend 15 or 20 minutes on each one. Sit up in the position you read in. Lie on your back, your side and your stomach. Snuggle with your partner. Are you comfortable in each position?
6. Finally, spend to the maximum amount that your budget can handle. Price is a reflection of quality. The more you spend, the more your body will thank you.
Good luck with your shopping and we will see you soon.